Table of ContentsForeword
A solution to online TV freezes
Appendix A. HDMI sound hack.
You have to disable proxy in xbmc (and allow the host to access ports 80 and 1935 in the LAN firewall) to get better experience with online TV.
# cd # svn co svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/rtmpdump/trunk rtmpdump-trunk # cd rtmpdump-trunk # make # cd librtmp # cp librtmp.a /usr/local/lib/ # cp librtmp.so.0 /usr/local/lib/
If you ever want to restore the original librtmp libraries reinstall multimedia/rtmpdump port.
Install LiveStreams xbmc addon
Download the latest release (plugin.video.live.streams-1.0.7.zip) to a directory accessible by xbmc.
Switch to xbmc window:
Open System — Add-ons:
Install from .zip file.
Select the zip you downloaded.
- Install from .zip file.
Click Home icon (top left corner of the screen).
- Open Videos — Video add-ons
- Right-click LiveStreams, Choose Configure.
Switch to “Community files” tab:
- Click Select location to save files — Home folder
- Click Get/Update community files — wait until it fetches the files.
Switch to “Add source” tab:
- Click Choose file — theStreamDB.xml in Home folder
- Click Add source — wait until Displayed name dialog appears.
- Change the name if you want, click Done.
Click OK to close the configuration dialog.
- Left click LiveStreams to open the channel list.
My news channels list
This is my small English-language news channels list.
# cd /home/xbmc # fetch http://daemon-notes.com/downloads/assets/misc/news.xml
Repeat steps 2 and 4 (skip the step 3) to add news.xml channel list to LiveStreams.